Cold Weather Tips
Cold weather tips for pet owners
- Check outdoor water bowls frequently to make sure they haven’t frozen over.
- The chemicals and salt used to melt ice can burn paws and the tongues used to clean them. Make sure to thoroughly towel off dogs after a walk.
- Pets should be kept inside when it gets cold, but if that’s not an option make sure they have adequate shelter outside, preferably off the cold ground.
- Cats can sometimes crawl into warm engine blocks during frigid weather. If you park your car outside, make sure to bang on the hood before turning the key.
- Consider buying a sweater for smaller and shorthaired dogs to keep them warm on walks.